Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thing 23: Wrapping Up




Party!! I'm Done!!




Wow I can't believe I made it!! I almost gave up a couple of times but then would do the next "thing" and would learn something really great. I have a couple of favorite things-Librarything and from web 2.0 awards, farecast.com. I also really liked wikis and google docs.

I think my least favorite was technorati. For me the sheer number of blogs available is overwhelming and I am just not patient enough to read through blogs to find ones I'm interested in.

I don't think I will use bloglines and rss feeds because I do not really follow any web sites/blogs on a regular basis. However, I did recommend bloglines to both my husband and my son. I also recommended Librarything to my sister since she is a huge reader and always looking for recommendations. She can also use it to track what she's read and what she wants to read.
I was thinking web 2.0 would be great in teen services-maybe a wiki of whats in/whats out, whats happening, or what are you reading.

I would like to thank the OCL Webthings commitee for running this challenge. I have learned a great deal (and plan to get really good plane fares with farecast.com). It was nice to be able to learn at my own pace (as opposed to when I ask my teens to show me how to do something)














1 comment:

Kristen - 2ndgenlibrarian said...

Congrats! Excellent job!
Thanks for the feedback.