Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thing 15-Library 2.0

Away From the Icebergs

A few years ago my cousin told her sister not to go to school for her MLS, since libraries would soon be obsolete. As a book fanatic I was apalled. However, I now understand her point. The old style of libraries is obsolete. Going through this web challenge I see how libraries have been changing and need to continue to change and the huge role technology has in this process. I can understand Rick Anderson's point about needing to provide web based resources in easily used formats. I have witnessed many technology changes in the library since I started work at OCL-the online catalogue & access to your account, all the new link to a topic type of resources, Listen NJ, etc. etc. I am sure we cannot even begin to guess what the next 5 years will bring in terms of changes.

No comments: